Stumbled on this list early this morning. I mean WAY early before I had my first coffee so it was sobering to have these first ten thoughts be my first thoughts of my day.
10 Things You Could Do Better Today
- Improve your response time to requests.
- Improve the brevity and simplicity of your email correspondence.
- Connect with five new people and seven existing colleagues or friends each day.
- Inspect your business process cycle from start to finish for improvements.
- Rethink your approach to helping others succeed.
- Increase the amount of times you connect others together to build new relationships.
- Resolve three pieces of unfinished business, no matter how painful.
- Live closer to your goals and your main points of focus, and less by reaction.
- Take time to thank the people who make your life possible.
- Rest and unplug.
After some mental digesting I think I would add the following points:
(Yes, I love bullet points.)
.5 (similar to 8) Before attempting the list; separate your emotional response and your cognitive response when approaching any of these.
We are lead by our emotional responses and it takes a collective effort to come to two conclusions the emotional and the second response is the logical thought. Decide which one is appropriate then proceed.
5.5 Step outside your comfort zone. Go to an event outside of your general scope. Observe how your neighbors play in the industry next door. Make new friends. All relationships are better than NO relationships.
7.5 I really liking this one! There are two ways to address issues.. The Right way and the Easy way. Seriously wrapping up loose ends is always the “Right” way in the long run.
9.5 Do something different. Yes, it is NOT suppose to be easy or painless. A project, a challenge, etc.
11. Do something for YOU.Something that betters you as a person. Do you help everyone in your immediate life? The people in your life will hold more respect for you if you are balanced and well rounded.
What would you add to the list? Which ones are more important?
Credit : Photo