I’m excited about going to SXSW 2009 this year in Austin, TX. I’m attending the Interactive event and it takes place March 13-17. It is my first year attending the event and all I have heard is how many great connections were made and friendships created at SXSW 2008. It will be great to meet online friends face to face.
Who I Want To Meet
I want to meet you! So, lets meet up for a coffee. I don’t have a lot of requirements because SXSW is more of a social event and a place to build relationships.
- I would like to meet companies and individuals in the SEO, Social Media and Analytics industries.
- Additionally, I have little knowledge of podcasting and vlogging and would enjoy meeting you if your in to that kinda thing. I would like to grow my brand into the arena.
There is a great resources list posted by Laughing Squid here.Laughing Squid has a diverse collection photos and links that are very informative. Also, The Best SXSW Resources list found here is another good one!
Can’t forget Gary’s SXSW Party Guide.. “smashing”!
I Phone Apps
I will be using the following during my visit. They are diverse but I find these are the ones that I use most often and help ease the work life/ home life balance in check.
(You can pick any or all of them up here: )
For Fun Time
(when the laptop battery is usually dead and I am without a book. I do love books.)
- Shazam: It recognizes when I hear songs I like it and it recognizes them.
- Banner Free: Really fun. Makes time square banners.
- I Can Has Cheez Burger: Everyone need a laugh or a good giggle.
- Movies: Love movies see more than I’d like to admit too.
- Handy Level: Secret passion – Interior decorating.
- Chess: Keeps the mind sharp.
- KOI Pond: For the entertaining fishies.
- Around ME: Navigation.
- Google Maps: Navigation.
- Twittelator: Twitter Monitoring.
- Twitterific: (ya know just in case) Twitter Monitoring.
- Pandora: Always need tunes.
- White Noise: Calms the soul.
- Taxi: Finds me a taxi anywhere nationally
- Yelp: Checking local ratings on restaurants, events, anywhere I’m going.
Healthy Life Healthy Apps
- IFitness: Helps me choose appropriate workout routine.
- Gym Buddy: Monitors my reps, sets my pace.
- Livestrong: – nutrition Trying to eat right while on the road.
- Yogadeck: Om Baby! Stretch your core.
Connecting to my Social Networks & my Mobile Office
- Brightkite: Finds me and my friends (and new friends) nearby (especially fun at SXSW).
- Facebook: Gotta keep up with community.
- Linkedin: Gotta keep up with community.
- Google Reader: RSS streaming.. checking very morning.
- I Talk: Records long notes audibly.
- Stocks: This intrigues me.. I’m learning more about trading.
- Youtube: Video player, ego search.
- Dropcard: Email buisness card info instantly with just an email.
- Evernote: Great for written notes, photos, voice.
Finally, I pull all my emails through my phone. Think I would feel naked with out knowing what was going on:)
Which IPhone APPS do you find most helpful? Would you recommend any others?
Shortened URL: http://is.gd/kQPr